Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Tehillim Reading Part 4 -- While Reading...

Through the reading I made just a few mistakes. The reason for the mistakes, is that I want to see everybody around me, so I pick up my head and look around while continuing the reading by heart. During the third Sefer, I noticed that Rav Rimon walked in. I tried my best not to make mistakes, but I couldn't resist looking around at everyone, and unfortunately, Making mistakes. Later on the week, the Rav congratulated me for all my mistakes. I asked him why, and he said that by making mistakes proves that I know it all by heart.



To Be Continued...

4 comments:

Gad said...

Rabbi Rakefet relates tbat in his youth he edited works of Hacham Ovadiah. He found small but frequent mistakes in quotes from teshubot and rambams and gemaras. He then realized that they were the result of rav Ovadiah writing them all frkm memory. So u r in good company.

bubbe1 said...

Dear Shaltiel,
Now we are understanding how difficult your Tehillim reading was on many levels. Your blog is adding to our appreciation of your ambitious task. Thank you! Is there a #5? I hope so!
Love,
Bubbe

michael shmidman said...

Dear Shaltiel,

Your comments are so thoughtful and insightful! We still are describing the experience of the Tehillim reading to many people here in the States. We are so proud of you!

Love,
Zayde

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

Thank you all for all your beautiful & encouraging comments!