Thursday, June 28, 2012

Title: The Tehillim Reading Part 3 - During the Reading


As I got up on to the Bimah, I had a sudden urge to run home and hide, so I wouldn't have to read the whole sefer tehillim in public. despite the urge, I managed to get to the bimah, and start unwrapping the sefer tehillim. When I was Ready, I cleared my throat, Adjusted my glasses, and overcame the urge to run away. I began with the bracha, which had its own completely different nigun. I felt as if my voice was stronger then ever before, which gave me courage to continue. It felt as if any moment everybody would leave, and I would get a break to relax. When it turned out that no one was leaving, I was half relieved and half worried. I was half relieved since everybody was staying to listen to me, but I was half worried, since I was worried I would make a mistake, and then make a fool out of myself.



To Be Continued...

2 comments:

bubbe1 said...

Dear Shaltiel,
What an exciting account of your Tehillim reading! It's almost as thrilling to read the blog of your inner thoughts that momentous Tuesday morning as it was to witness your actual laining.
It took courage to complete the task you performed and you read with ease and confidence.
Love,
Bubbe

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

Well I was mostly encouraged by your loving presence, helping me get through it.