Monday, June 25, 2012

Davening Ma'ariv

On Friday May 25, I turned 13 years old. According to the Jewish religion, I turned 13 the night before May 25, therefore I was allowed to daven ma'ariv that night. I went to the 20:00 Ma'ariv the night, and was disappointed to find that there was a man that who had an obligation to be the chazan. I left shul and came back for the 20:30 Ma'ariv, and was pleased to find, that no one wanted to be chazan. I went up to the bimah and davened Ma'ariv. It was soooooooooo exciting!!!!. I finally felt like a man!

THE END

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to be the first to comment so I quick checked and there was your post -- as usual, well written
You were determind to take advantage of your new and very important status. This is one of your characteristics that will hold you in good stead and enable you to lead the pack.

Yasher Koach.

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

Thank You!!
Love,
Shaltiel