Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Making a Lanyard

During the first couple of weeks of the summer my grandparents were here. We were going on trips all over Jerusalem with them, and the trips on which I went with them were the best of my life!!. Later on my mother went to a supplies store with my grandmother and bought a lot of stuff, and one of the things she bought for me was a package of Lanyard strings. From school I learned a lot of tricks about how to use Lanyard String and I showed my grandmother how to do a couple of tricks. Here is the nicest and hardest trick I learned to do:


Later on my grandmother generously offered to buy the american type of lanyard, and I was sooooooooooooo Excited. When she returned to america she went to baltimore to visit my cousins for a week, and the day she came back to teaneck she also bought the lanyard.

THANK YOU SO MUCH BUBBE FOR BUYING THE LANYARD!!!

THE END

5 comments:

bubbe1 said...

Dear Shaltiel,
Your photograph is clear and artistic and really shows off your intricate work! Your enthusiatic blog comes alive with your visuals. Here's my question: It looks like the strings extending outward are pastel colored, but the spiral creation is red and blue; how does that occur? I can't wait to see your next creation when you receive the new lanyard.
Love,
Bubbe

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

Dear Bubbe,

The spiral creation I made is built out of 5 colors, When you look from far it seems like two colors because the blue and purple from far look the same and the rest of the colors aren't as dark, the red is because the orange and red from far look the same, Plus the colors on the edge are always stronger. Another reason is because the camera doesn't have the best quality so you don't see the other colors as well

Unknown said...

Dear Shaltiel,

Your blog gets better looking each time we visit. For starters,your site is classy, meaningful, and neat. On top of that, your subjects are not "run of the mill" standard fare and what could be better than providing pictures that are clear and demonstrate about what you are writing. You have backed up the creator of the motto (probably Kodak) that a picture is worth a thousand words).

It is amazing how creative you are -- even with lowly lanyard strings. You have displayed a novel work of art. We wish we could live to be 120 to see your accomplishments as a man!

Love,
Grandpa and Grandma

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

Dear Grandma & Grandpa

THANK YOU!!!

Love,
Shaltiel

Anonymous said...

Dear Shaltiel,
Please explain how to make this kind of Lanyard because I have string and this is very creative!