Monday, September 10, 2007

The hero of the day

Yesterday Chen Shmuel (my little brother) locked himself in my parents room by himself. My mother called me so I came to her, and she told me that he locked himself in the room . We told him to unlock the door, but instead of opening he double loked the door. While he was in the room he was screeming and screeching inside the room. I asked my mother: "don't you have a copy of the key"?
she answered: "yes, but in the room he (Chen Shmuel) locked himself in". So my mother tried a couple of things but they did not work. My mother called my father and asked if her last idea was good, my father answered: "yes". She moved the laundry and opened the little window to the bathroom in the room my brother locked himself in. I was about to fall into the toilet so I closed the cap of the toilet and got in to the room to unlock it. When I was opening the door I figered out that Chen shmuel double locked it.
Yesterday I forgot to write about this story in my blog.



END

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So today we can address you as hero for the good reason which you explained so fully.

Actually, Mr. Hero Shaltiel, for various reasons I do not know, young children have a habit of locking themselves away -- without meaning to separate from their family. Is Cheyn Shmuel the first one in your family to do this?

When Bubbe was a little girl, about Cheyn Shmuel's age, she closed the outside door to our apartment, and it automatically locked. I had gone out for a minute to dump the garbage in the incinerator in the hall. She thought she was playing a game of "hide and seek" and laughed while she slammed the door shut. But when she saw that I couldn't come back and that she could not open the door, she cried and screamed and sobbed.

When I saw she was not able to open the door, I ran downstairs to the superintendant because he had spare keys. Thank G-d, he was home at the time and we ran back upstairs and he opened the door. Poor Bubbe, she was in a state of panic and I was so sad hearing her cry. That was the first time for Bubbe and the last time she ever locked herself up.

michael shmidman said...

What an exciting story! Shaltiel, you are indeed a hero for helping your Imma and rescuing your brother.
Be sure to keep a spare key in another room!
Shanah tovah--Love,
Zayde

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

I do not know if Chen shmuel was the first one to do somthing like that.


shaltiel

yaakov avdiel said...

abba just told me that imma got locked in the bathroom the day before my bris (for whoever doesn't know I am shaltiel's brother)