Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The collection of marbles

I wanted a bicycle deck (a spacial kind deck of cards). We drove to the store and tried buying (the deck of cards) but they did not have. So I decided to buy a pack of marbles for 2.50 shekel.
The next day we (my family with me) went (drove) to Jerusalem. we walked from "Ben yehuda" to the pharmacy. There wasn't the medicine we were looking for. There was a lot of candy so I bot one peace of candy for 5.99 shekel.
I paid for the candy and started eating it. After a couple of seconds my brother said he will buy it from me for 5 shekel. I agreed and we traded. I went in to a toy
store and bot a pack of huge marbles with the five shekel my brother gave me.
that is why I had so meny marbles.

END

4 comments:

deb said...

allright that is really using your marbles!

michael shmidman said...

Just read your most recent postings, and enjoyed them immensely.
1. Your letter about chores was both sweet and clever. Who could resist such a request?
2. Yes, it is important to be aware of differences between Tanachi Hebrew and modern Hebrew. Sometimes a mistake could be made in understanding a pasuk, because the reader is interpreting the word according to its meaning in modern Hebrew, instead of its meaning in Tanachi Hebrew.
3. Enjoy the marbles!
Love,
Zayde

Unknown said...

That was a fine story of 2 good items -- candy and marbles.

We think you made out great, because you had a taste of the candy, which lasted on your tongue (a little while),and a pack of marbles, with which you can probably play for many weeks at least.

Did you like this candy? Was it chocolate?

Were the marbles of different colors? What games do you play? Does YA also enjoy playing? My sister, Shirley, who is your Aunt was a champion player when she was your age.

Love to our Shaltiel, who is a good business man and can recognize when to make a deal.

Grandpa and Grandma

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

I liked tha candy but I was not chocolate.
the marbles were difrent colors.
I did not play many games with them.
YA also enjoys playing a lot In school with his marbles.

shaltiel