Thursday, October 4, 2007

simchat torah (Alia to the torah)

On simchat Torah (day) I saw my Friends father reading the Torah. I watched him read until my Friend pulled me away. He asked me:
"Do you want to make a Alia to the Torah?"
"Yes" I answered. I waited on line for doing a Alia (of kids). It was my turn, and a kid (I do not know) let me use his talit for the Alia. I put on the talit and said the Alia. the words of the Alia are:

ברכו את ה' המבורך
ברוך ה' המבורך לעולם ועד

ברוך אתה ה' אלקינו מלך העולם אשר בחר בנו מכל העמים ונתן לנו את תורתו ברוך אתה ה' נותן התורה.
while he read the Torah I followed along with my eyes. after the reader of the Torah reads the parshia I say:
ברוך אתה ה' אלקינו אשר נתן לנו תורת אמת וחיי עולם נטע בתוכנו ברוך אתה ה' נותן התורה
I said that and ran off to tell my father about that.

END

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a special experience that you, who haven't yet been
Bar Mitzvahed, can only enjoy on Simchath Torah. You explained all the necessary steps that were involved and it was almost like seeing a video of you, because you included all the details. We also liked that you "ran off to tell your father" because you wanted to share your simcha with him.

Is it possible for girls to have an Alia some particular way?

In our Shul, they only allow boys of your age to stand under a talit which is held like a canopy (over all the boys)and the Brocha is said together.

You have more of a credit the way you performed the Alia. Yaasher Koach!!

Love again.
Grandma and Grandpa

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

I do not think so.

Anonymous said...

On Simchas Torah ,Yehuda also got an Alia, but he didn't use a talis. You're lucky! Did your other brothers get to also? My father is also a baal koreh and only the gabbaim ask the children if they want alios on Simchas Torah.Guess it's different there than in America.
Love Devorah

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.