Wednesday, August 29, 2007

lotery ticket

One Friday I went with my father to Jerusalem for lunch and to buy some toys, clothing and to enjoy the fun at lunch. While we were passing a lottery store we bought 10 lottery tickets for me because I received $100 for my birthday and I have the privilege of spending $20 from the $100. So I purchased 10 lottery tickets. After we bought them I tried to scratch them off with my finger nail but I could not manage to scratch anything off. Later my father gave me a coin but it was no use, we got to the next store we asked to trade in 1 shekel for 2 half shekels. After we left the store, I tried to scratch with the half a shekel and it worked. Later I scratched them all out and I wan 35 shekel. We finished our lunch and went back to the lottery store and got 35 shekel and went home.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You sure have a variety of experiences, Shaltiel, and you have a wonderful technique of letting the reader closely tag along with you -- in other words,by including every detail.

Grandpa and I appreciated hearing how you spent our birthday gift. It sounded like fun and, of course, that's what a birthday celebration should be. What did you do with the shekels that you ended up with? Did you buy something or did you put it in the bank for a future purchase?
Did you also learn a lesson about how hard it is to make more money?


We liked your use of a 3 syllable word like privilege in connection with your father making this available to you.

Keep up your great work!

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

I used the money to buy extra food at lunch: "onion rings, coke".
did I learn a lesson?
sort of

mevaseretzion said...

I like your stories, Shaltiel!
:)

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

who are you mevaseretzion?

mevaseretzion said...

I am a blogger. :)