Monday, October 11, 2010

Barbecue for Simchat Torah

A week before Simchat Torah my father's friend told me that he was doing a barbecue on Simchat Torah and wondered if I wanted to help. Obviously I said yes, so he told me to come at 12:00. Later on at the dancing of Simchat Torah I met him and he told me to come like half an hour earlier. At 11:35 I went to his house and we got out the barbecue (Charcoal). We did it but we had a couple of problems (Such as the heat was too low and so on), so we made a couple of rules for next time:
a)Use two bags of Charcoal not one
b)Start earlier so we wont be under preasure.
c)For the fire to go on use paper towls soaked in oil not tissues.
d)dont pour the coals ontop of our fire producers.
Hopefully this friday were going to do a barbecue. Hope we go by all these rules!!!
Here is a picture of the barbecue we were working with:



THE END

3 comments:

bubbe1 said...

Dear Shaltiel,
This is a nicely written piece. I love your blogs.
The paper towel idea sounds dangerous, though.
Love,
Bubbe

Unknown said...

Dear Shaltiel,

So glad to see your blog again. I have been looking every day for it.

Did Abba ever tell you about the many times we grilled on our patio? I know from experience that all your rules are very important.

First we had a plain grill and I found that wax paper worked to encourage the flame. Then we bought a grill which was connected to our house and piped the gas straight to the grill so I did not need fresh charcoal each time. That saved time and money.We were lucky we installed the grill then, because that is no longer available.

Thanks for the picture of the grill you used. It looks beautiful.

We had so many wonderful barbecues and Abba would come with his bat and ball. He loved to play with his brothers Akiva and Yehuda. And cousins Lorraine and Andrew would love to watch. Renee would also come when she was only an infant.

So, what I want to know is: Did you follow the rules the next time? Was the barbecue easier to make? What foods did you have?

Barbecues were always a lot of work, but so much fun to be with the family!

Love,
Grandma

Shaltiel Shmidman said...

Dear Grandma,
We have not done another barbecue since the last one so I don't know if we will follow the rules

Love,
Shaltiel