Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Barbecue on our Porch

On monday a couple of weeks ago I decided to go to the MiniMarket and buy a grill. I checked it out, and I found out that the grill costs 40 Shekels,and aside from that the charcoal costs 40 shekel. I asked if there were cheaper ones but the guy at the store said that there were packages with more charcoal for the same amount, but he also said that the charcoal that I have in my hand were charcoals that have flammable liquid on them. Obviously I bought the good charcoals (the ones with the flammable liquid), and the same night I convinced my parents to let me do a barbecue on our porch. We quickly got the fire going only because both my brothers agreed to help. At the end the leftovers were my father's breakfast and lunch the following tuesday.
Here is a picture of my two brothers and I handling the fire:

 

The END

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Shaltiel,

It is always a happy day when we discover that you have posted another exciting piece plus an illustrative snapshot which enables us to share one of your recent experiences

First things first, and you explained that you asked for your parents' approval and set up the help you would need.

You have also demonstrated good sense in your purchasing abilities by first determining if you could afford the grill and then trying to get a good value for the money you were paying.

The results must have been yummy and plentiful because your father ate it for two meals.

One mystery remains. What food went on your grill?

Love,
Grandma and
Grandpa

Unknown said...

From your Uncle Stu who enjoys your writing and told me to add the following after I sent him your blog:

"There is not much better writing you are going to find anywhere. There is almost like a cinematic -- i.e., camera-like -- quality to the way you write Shaltiel. The story unwinds like a 20 sec. video and for the period you are watching it, or, in this case, reading it, everything just flows. The whole time you are seeing it in the unmistakable voice, or, to use my camera analogy, through the unmistakable lens, of a very steady storyteller/filmmaker. He takes something as simple as buying a barbecue and some charcoals, and then grilling up some food on the barbecue, and turns this into a sequential set of events, that are pleasant to watch and listen to."

Love,
Uncle Stu