Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wearing a non school shirt

This year our school insists on bringing a school uniform. Our school uniforms are a random color collar shirt with the school autograph on it. Recently I didn't find a school shirt, but all I found was a lousy brazil soccer shirt. Other than that I did find a valid school sweatshirt. I didn't want to get screamed at (A couple of days ago my friend didn't bring a school shirt and the teacher screamed at him), so I put on the brazil shirt and covered it with the sweatshirt. When I got to school I didn't take off my sweatshirt the whole day, and the teacher never knew that I didn't bring a school shirt.

THE END

2 comments:

bubbe1 said...

Dear Shaltiel,
Good problem-solving!
Love,
Bubbe

Unknown said...

Dear Shaltiel,

About this anecdote, which, as usual you relayed so interestingly, this could be an item for a psychology class. Why didn't the teacher take the opportunity to scream?

He might have been distracted from his usual scrutiny of the class, because
1.Someone in his family wasn't well, and he was still thinking of them when he ran out to class.

2.He was behind in the curriculum he wanted to teach, and didn't want to waste time to scream and give a lecture.

3.He might have thought you were cold and needed something in addition to a shirt.

The policy of a school uniform may be to show off the school's name as an ad to show off the quality of the kids attending. As long as you were "labeled" , the message was conveyed that you were a student of the school.

On your part it was quick thinking and that is always an asset! But I'd say it also was a lesson to make sure there are ample shirts so you don't have to be concerned that you risk getting a screaming from the teacher, which would make you uncomfortable -- even if for only one minute.

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa