Sunday, April 17, 2011

"4th Time Double Lucky"

On Friday April 15th My family and I went to the Midrechov With Sabba & Savta. On our way to the restaurant where we were going to eat lunch we passed by a lottery ticket Stand. I convinced Abba to buy me one with my money. Obviously I did not win a single shekel, and ate lunch with the disappointment of not winning. After lunch we decided to go to the marketplace ("The Shuk") to buy supplies for Shabbos. On the way I convinced Abba to buy me another lottery ticket but still no luck. We were almost at the marketplace then Yaakov Avdiel manages to convince Abba to buy me a ticket by saying "3rd Time lucky", and Abba gave in. I eagerly scratched it out, but to no avail. As we approached the marketplace Abba stopped at his favorite bookshop, and I took the chance and made more money (by reciting Tehillim) and convinced him to buy me another one at the marketplace. Abba stopped by the store while everybody else kept on going, and when Abba gave me the lottery ticked so I slowly scratched it, not expecting to win anything. As I scratched one of the wining prizes I saw I won 50 Shekel!!!!. Abba ran back to the shop to cash it in, and comes back saying: "You were wrong you didn't win 50 shekel, Rather you won 100 Shekel!!!". Abba explained that I didn't just win one prize, I won two prizes. As Abba finished talking, I came up with my  new motto: "4th Time Double Lucky"

THE END

No comments: