Sunday, January 6, 2008

Singing Tish

Today I planned with my father a Tish. a tish its kind of a party. Me and my father planned on the next Tuesday (15/1/08) I am going to have a Tish, and I am aloud to invite 4 kids to my Tish. In the tish my mother is going to play the guitar and 0my father and my friends and I will sing שירי נפש songs for example: ולירושלים, נער הייתי. Also when ever each kid gets to my house he gets a slice of pizza and who ever sings nicly gets a rogalach. I was so exited when I was getting a tish. So I decided to Invite 2 kids from my class and 2 kids from my friends class. I asked my father if he can put color paper for the printer and I can print the Invitations In the color paper he put. here is one of my invitations I printed:



END

3 comments:

bubbe1 said...

Dear Shaltiel,
Your invitation is magnificent! The colors combined with the font look like music is bursting right off the page!
We wish we could come, too! Will Abba taking a video?
Love,
Bubbe

michael shmidman said...

Such an exciting and well-organized plan for a Tish! And such a handsome invitation! We hope you and your friends have a great time.
Love,
Zayde

Unknown said...

Having a Tisch sounds like a great idea. You should have a lot of fun singing and then there is the delicious food.

Up to now we were only familiar with a Choson's Tisch when there is a wedding and the wedding contract is signed by the Choson.

In Yiddish the word tisch means table and we would regularly go to the tisch for our meals. If visitors dropped in, we would all go to the tisch to talk and usually have a snack.

But you have gone a step further because you are sending specially designed invitations to the people you want to come. And both your mother and father will participate.

Is there any special way you have chosen to select the kids from your class? Are they good singers? Do they live close to your apartment?

Love.
Grandpa & Grandma